Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's time for improvements!

Hey! I'm sorry for not updating you for the past few days! Well I have lots of stories to tell however I'd like to talk about something important first.

Today I went back to class, it felt good to see my friends again! Well our first class was Feature Writing. We received the results of our previous homework. I was happy with my results, I had 1.75 meaning 90-92, however I felt a little disappointed because compared to my classmates I got a lower grade... I was disappointed BUT it didn't last for long because what I really love about my professor is that she really took her time reading each and every one of our articles meaning that she spent a lot of effort in grading them all fairly. What I like about Madam Alice is that she underlined all the mistakes I had done. She also wrote down every single improvement I had to make. After two years of studying in UST she is the first professor to have made me feel like there were actually so many things to improve,and she SHOWED them to me! Thus helped me! It means that I won;t have to re-do those mistakes again! I was really very thankful. She is a great professor. I made quite a lot of mistakes in my article and what made it so is that I tried to write in a sophisticated manner thus I had to make longer sentences and it was easier to commit mistakes. Another reason is that I have a very limited vocabulary so whenever I try to express or explain myself I have to put in ten words in a sentence which could be explained with two words!

She made me realize that I still had so much to learn and that I had to improve on those areas which she pointed out. There is one solution that I have decided to apply and that would be to read, read and read. She has somehow motivated me so much into the course because she has showed me that it is also like a game where one has to improve himself. I love shining in the class and if I want to continue shining I have to do a much better job! The problem is I spend 10 minutes on my homework where my classmates do not spend less than three! So I better improve my habits if I want to compete with them!

In other news well we had a surprise quiz in Spanish today! Well I really love Spanish class because it's so simple due to my advantage of being able to speak French which is very similar to Spanish. I was very satisfied with my results because I got 17/20 and most only got around 10-12! (YEA!) It made my day, I really love Wednesdays because I learn a lot from my professors. Tomorrow will be different because we will be having two literature classes in a row, already I hate my first professor... and I have never met the second one... I really hope that everything goes well tomorrow! I still haven't found time to write about our trip in Baguio with my dad but I will surely find time not to worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment